Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I'm Sorry, Folks!

For all who have been reading and waiting for an update, especially on the possibles bag tutorial, I offer my most sincere apologies!  The past week has been pretty busy.  The sister-in-law and her kids were at my house all week so there were 5 kids running around (2 12 year-olds, an 8 year-old, and 2 7 year-olds).  In addition, this Thanksgiving was the first major holiday since my dad passed, so I spent a couple of days with my mom.  The Wednesday the previous week would have been their 39th wedding anniversary as well, so it's been a tough time for her.

With all of that going on, I haven't had a chance to do much work on anything, or even be online very frequently.  I haven't been able to move forward with work on the newest bag, thus no updates to the tutorial.  I hope to be able to get at least a small update for the next step in the process this week.

On a good note, I did get the weaving of my chair seat finished this weekend.  I'll try to post pictures as soon as possible.  The chair was one of my great-grandfather's that had been at the barn all my life, and as long as my mom can remember as well.  We used to sit in it at the corn sheller to shell corn for the cows when it was time to milk.  The old white oak split bottom was completely gone in one corner, so there was no way to salvage it.  I took the old bottom off and cleaned up the chair, then used jute twine to weave a new seat in the original herringbone pattern.  It turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself!

Ok, enough rambling for today.  Again, please accept my apologies, dear readers, and I will do my best to get back in gear soon!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for your interest in the Foxfire Skilz blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated. However, please remember that this is a family blog and may be seen by all ages. Therefore, please keep all comments civil and devoid of any profanity.

Thank you, and God bless,
Brandon {FoxfireSkilz}